This month we're learning a new classroom portfolio tool designed just for young students. Almost all of the buttons and instructions are symbols rather than words, to make it accessible to new readers and English language learners. Students use QR codes to log in, instead of using a typed code. This speeds up the process greatly and also increases security.
- Only post things you have made.
- Only post things for school.
- Always ask others before taking pictures or video of them.
- Only make positive comments.
- If you make a mistake, ask for help.
By giving our students an opportunity to try out digital sharing in an authentic setting, we can allow students a lot of ownership over their own learning process. It is my hope they will apply these rules to future social networking and digital environments as they get older.